[Live-demo] Minor issue with Iris

Ian Edwards iedwards.pub at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 06:48:21 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm not sure when it broke, but there is currently an issue with the
installed version of Iris that appears to be due to correctly cleaning up
"-dev" packages.

The current Iris install script correctly installs the "libudunits2-dev"
package (833 kb), but I assume a later step in the process must be removing
this - and removing the dev package must also be removing the "libudunits2-0"
package which is required at run time.

$ apt-get install libudunits2-dev
The following NEW packages will be installed
  libudunits2-0 libudunits2-dev
After this operation, 833 kB of additional disk space will be used.

What is the best way to fix this? I'm unsure whether separately adding the
run time package to the install script is a good idea?...
$ apt-get install libudunits2-dev

Many thanks

Ian