[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 7.0 status: RC1

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sat Aug 17 04:31:36 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Frank Gasdorf
<fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> Daniel, thats great! I love the idea and the solution because its really
> painful to find the difference to the prior version.
>
> The cool thing about transifex is the change of automatic (daily)
> synchronization of resource from am external URL, like a SVN/github
> repository.
>
> We set up a similar procedur for GeoServer UI translations (e.g.
> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/geoserver_23x/)  and I use the
> transifex client to synch from transifex into working copy. However I guess
> to start its also posible to do it manually.

Hi Frank,

I have just uploaded the 2 files for pgRouting, because I asked a few of my
colleagues to help translating into Japanese. That's why I did manually.
But I agree that it is a very useful tool and we're still experimenting
with pgRouting what is the best workflow to update the language files
generated with Sphinx. Because we don't have much changes it's currently
enough to run a script manually from time to time, which updates the .po
files and uploads them to Transifex. Or it pulls the translated files from
Transifex and builds the localized documentation.

Another nice feature of Transifex is, that you can ask translators to sign
a CLA.

> Maybe we can share our experiences and best practices at Foss4G?

Unfortunately I'm not able to attend this year's FOSS4G because of a "baby
release" ;-)

> Would be a great idea for a code sprint, isn't it?

A few of my colleagues will attend and I will tell them. It's a good idea.
I remember we have started localization of LiveDVD at the code sprint at
Barcelona. It's probably time now to improve the workflow.

Daniel

>>> http://live.osgeo.org

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan