[Live-demo] [OSGeo] #1093: update installer versions and URLs

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Feb 24 00:18:25 PST 2013

On 02/23/2013 11:43 PM, OSGeo wrote:
> #1093: update installer versions and URLs
> -----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  hamish           |        Owner:  kalxas
>      Type:  defect           |       Status:  new
>
> Comment(by hamish):
>
>  I don't know if it does any harm besides adding unneeded complexity, but
>  there's no need to use chroot in making the full.iso, as it doesn't need
>  to run anything- the file manifest re-run is not needed, as that only
>  records files kept in the dpkg database, and no .deb packages within the
>  disc were added or removed in the installer tweak, only to the hold
>  system.

File manifest, you mean md5 those do need to be rerun to include the
Mac/Win files and the updated squashfs. You're right the symlinks and
file removals probably don't need chroot.

>  along similar ''does no harm besides adding unneeded complexity'' lines,
>  does the script need to be run as a regular user or as root? (are the
>  sudos needed?)
>
>  fwiw I'd suggest turning off the progress indicators to improve the signal
>  to noise ratio in the logs,
>  {{{
>  mksquashfs ... -no-progress
>  mkisofs ... -quiet
>  }}}
>  note mksquashfs wants -no-progress as the final option on the command
>  line.
>

>  final style critique is to suggest to set $USER_HOME instead of hardcoding
>  /home/user as the other scripts. (again no harm to current build)

I also pointed his out in chat. Regular full build script is not hardcoded.

>  thanks,
>  Hamish

The reality is the the full build debug script should never need to be
used again the way it was and the non debug version omits some of these
things. I happen to like the progress because I'm impatient and waiting
but don't care if those get quieter.

I think we can close this ticket.

Thanks,
Alex