[Live-demo] [OSGeo] #1093: update installer versions and URLs

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 02:40:09 PST 2013

> > Comment(by hamish):
> >  I don't know if it does any harm besides adding unneeded
> > complexity, but there's no need to use chroot in making the
> > full.iso, as it doesn't need to run anything- the file
> > manifest re-run is not needed, as that only records files
> > kept in the dpkg database, and no .deb packages within the
> > disc were added or removed in the installer tweak, only to
> > the hold system.
Alex:
> File manifest, you mean md5 those do need to be rerun to
> include the Mac/Win files and the updated squashfs. You're
> right the symlinks and file removals probably don't need chroot.

specifically:

#Regenerate manifest
chmod +w extract-cd/casper/filesystem.manifest
sudo chroot edit dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Package} ${Version}\n' > \
   extract-cd/casper/filesystem.manifest

dpkg-query is only going to report what it knows about, namely
stuff within the debian packaging system which has been apt-
gotten.

Hamish