[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live 7.0 - big data version?

James Klassen jklassen at sharedgeo.org
Thu Jul 4 14:34:38 PDT 2013

I think a distribution with more data (or a link where you could download
it load it into the VM) where it is setup to work with the included
applications would be useful.  I am not sure it makes sense to limit this
to a 8GB USB/DVD.  I would guess that working in a VM off of a real drive
rather than a slow thumb drive or slower DVD would make more sense when
working with larger data sets.

I am not sure I would call 4GB of extra data "Big Data".  To me, "Big Data"
implies something bigger than fits easily in RAM on one node... For
imagery, something closer 100 TB+ on the low end.