[Live-demo] JAVA_OPTS global ?

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Tue Jul 9 14:32:19 PDT 2013

Hi Hamish, All -

  Brian in "learning mode" here...    http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/10340

  Where is the best place to enable JSONP ?  as noted, I suspect that it is additive, and does not remove behavior for other apps, so in that single case, it may be harmless to enable globally..

  With regards to XX:MaxPermSize and other memory settings.. I infer that the Java ecosystem has some not-clearly resolved architectural challenges .. I seem to recall that I saw multiple, apparently conflicting memory settings on another environment, due to search paths and other unsightly details of reality.. It appeared to me at the time that the "biggest setting won" and Java VM got the most memory of any of the settings.. specifically not "last one wins" or variations of that..

  I am all ears as to where the right place to set these flags might be.. Java practitioners, opinion?

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter