[Live-demo] WMS Demo Server down

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 12 14:16:32 PDT 2013

Hello,

My Name is Frank Gasdorf and I'm updating and testing the uDIG Quickstart
Guide for upcoming OSGeo Live Release 7.0 (
adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/quickstart/udig_quickstart.html)

In this quickstart we referenced your WMS demo server to add WMS Layers to
the uDig map since several years.

Unfortunately the service URL response HTTP 503 - Service Temporarily
unavailable for the following URL :
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?Service=WMS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

Like I've seen this URL is referenced in many OSGeo Projects like
Openlayers.

It would be great if you could kick your server and bring this service back
online. However if you have decided to shut it down let us know so we can
update the quickstart-guide for OSGeo Live.

Thanks in advance and let me know how it goes,

Cheers,
Frank