[Live-demo] WMS Demo Server down

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 04:20:01 PDT 2013

Hi Frank,
OSGeo-Live is designed to work when OSGeo-Live is not connected to the
internet.
As such, the UDig quickstart should reference WMS services that are
already installed, probably the mapserver WMS (which doesn't require
java to be started first).

On 13/07/2013 7:16 AM, Frank Gasdorf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My Name is Frank Gasdorf and I'm updating and testing the uDIG
> Quickstart Guide for upcoming OSGeo Live Release 7.0
> (adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/quickstart/udig_quickstart.html <http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/quickstart/udig_quickstart.html>)
>
> In this quickstart we referenced your WMS demo server to add WMS
> Layers to the uDig map since several years.
>
> Unfortunately the service URL response HTTP 503 - Service Temporarily
> unavailable for the following URL :
> http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?Service=WMS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
>
> Like I've seen this URL is referenced in many OSGeo Projects like
> Openlayers.
>
> It would be great if you could kick your server and bring this service
> back online. However if you have decided to shut it down let us know
> so we can update the quickstart-guide for OSGeo Live.
>
> Thanks in advance and let me know how it goes,
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

Software and Data Solutions Manager

Geospatial & Data Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source