[Live-demo] QGIS 2.0

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 06:28:16 PDT 2013

On 10/12/2013 02:16 AM, Paolo Corti wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
>
>> QGIS 2.0 was not ready until Foss4g, in order to make the Live DVD it
>> would have needed to been ready 1-2 months earlier. It should be the
>> version included in the next OSGeo Live for Feb/Mar of next year (we
>> release every 6 months).
>>
>> That said, upgrading it is not hard on a persistent usb stick or virtual
>> machine. In fact a regular system update would likely pull 2.0.
>>
> Hi Alex and Angelos
> I see the point and I know the time concerns, and of course I can
> updated it (that's what I did this morning, actually).
> But still, would make sense to me to have it added before Feb/Mar, as
> a lot of people not so experienced to upgrade themselves could still
> benefit from it.
> Therefore, a 7.0.1 before the next big one would make sense to me :)
> Just my 2 cents
> cheers

Hi Paolo,

IMHO, QGIS 2.0 is not a feature for a 0.0.x release :)
If we decide to make a new release, this should be 7.1
Such a release would require us checking/testing ALL applications, since
lots of things change in UbuntuGIS within a month...
Are there volunteers to make a testing plan for a 7.1 release? I can
only cover building around this time of the year.

Cheers,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos