[Live-demo] [live-demo] Migration to git

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 1 23:14:33 PST 2015

Great work Angelo!

I really appreciate to work with git in the future!

My understanding of the current state, please correct me if I
missunderstood:
* we have a svn-mirror at github
* everybody is invited to check it out, control the migrated sources
* BUT for editing/modifiying source we still have to commit to SVN

Is there an "official" roadmap to start working with github repository?
What about the issue tracker. Is it worth to think about using github
issues in the future? I love the integrated browsing capability from trac
where its possible ti include sources or even link to sources from SVN
repository.

BTW: there is a Trac-Plugin to add git repositories :
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracGit Hopefully it works with remote
repositories. Any thoughts to add it for OSGeo Trac instance?

Again, thanks for your effort!

Frank