[Live-demo] [live-demo] Migration to git

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 09:54:48 PST 2015

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your kind words :)

My initial e-mail was a proposal to start discussing moving to git, it
was not an official roadmap or a migration announcement.
The goal of this thread is to hear voices of support or voices against
the Git migration, to see if the developers want this or not. I have
discussed this issue with lots of developers in the last couple of
years, I would like to hear their voice here :)

Your understanding is accurate: I just created the Git mirror so we can
all evaluate how the repository would look like (with history and
everything), but it is *read only* for now. In case there is a serious
amount of pull requests from git, I have a backup plan to commit from
Git to SVN but I would like to avoid for now :)

Regarding the issue tracker: we could keep the one we currently use,
with the Trac-Git plugin. I hope that SAC will be able to support us
with this.
We could also start thinking for other solutions like Redmine or Gitlab
(for source and tracker) if we feel they are superior.
My personal preference would be to use free solutions for our
infrastructure. An OSGeo GitLab installation would be great to have.

Cheers,
Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory