[Live-demo] Permissions problems with GeoServer

Ben Caradoc-Davies ben at transient.nz
Mon Dec 5 19:10:48 PST 2016

Angelos,

even with my most recent fixes
<https://github.com/bencaradocdavies/OSGeoLive/tree/upgrade-geoserver>,
GeoServer on a nightly build will still not start.

Looks to me like permissions problems (files and directories in the data
directory whcih are owned by root). Likely culprit is
install_geonode.sh, which starts GeoServer as root "to update layers in
the geonode db", causing the creation of files and directories owned by
root:root. The solution (in install_geonode.sh) might be something like:

su -c "$GEOSERVER_PATH/bin/startup.sh" - user

but it will take a little fiddling to get this working with redirection
and running in the background. I will let you know when I have a fix.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben at transient.nz>
Director