[Live-demo] New contributor

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 21:35:15 PST 2016

Hi Tanuj,
Welcome. Yes, I agree with Brian, testing is an excellent place to
start. I suggest running each of the quickstarts and seeing if you can
find problems. (I'm pretty sure you will find quite a number have
quickstarts which are out of date).
 From there, you might want to update screen shots, or report bugs, fix
bugs found, translate documentation. It all depends on what you'd like
to focus on.

All our processes about how we do things are documented here:
wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc

Have a look, then start asking us questions.

On 24/02/2016 4:43 pm, Brian M Hamlin wrote:

> Hi Tanuj, Welcome / svaagat he
>
>   we have published a beta1 Live, which will be tested, refined and
> shipped somewhat soon (!)
>
> There are two major activities -- testing the software, and improving
> the documentation. Both are important.
>
> If you would like to learn more about testing the software, I am
> pleased to answer your questions.
>
>   best regards from Berkeley, California
>
>    -- Brian
>

> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 10:55:58 +0530, Tanuj Kumar <kmrtnjscnc at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello, I'm Tanuj. I am new to open source and I would like to
>     contribute. Could somebody please guide me on where to start? I
>     know C++ and can translate to Hindi. I have absolutely no prior
>     experience of working on open source.
>
>     Thank you

>     <../hwebmail/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Flive.osgeo.org>
>     http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc
>     <../hwebmail/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.osgeo.org%2Fwiki%2FLive_GIS_Disc>
>

> --
> Brian M Hamlin
> OSGeo California Chapter
> blog.light42.com