[Live-demo] "descoping" OSGeo-Live

Bas Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 20 07:21:16 PDT 2017

On 2017-04-20 16:03, James Klassen wrote:
> Speaking as a member of the GeoMoose PSC and as one of the people who
> keeps
> GeoMoose up to date in OSGeo-Live...  It isn't clear to me what to do
> about
> it but for the record OpenHub seems to be pretty confused about
> GeoMoose.
>
> It is missing our early history (2005-2009).  It is confused about our
> recent history (probably because of our use of git submodules).  And it
> is
> completely unaware of our 3.0 developments (which are happening in new
> repos, incidently because we want to move away from git submodules).
>
> As a project we would much rather be putting our time into maintaining
> 2.9.x and into the current effort to moderize our project for what will
> become our 3.0 release than worring about how to get a black box
> (OpenHub)
> to properly understand our project's history.  Maybe when things quiet
> down
> OpenHub tinkering will make it to the top of the list, but I don't see
> that
> being the case anytime soon.

OpenHub is just one metric. Just make sure the project information and
the repositories it monitors are correct and complete. [0]

Because it's not an open source project the community can easily
participate in, you shouldn't give too much weight to OpenHub.

[0] https://www.openhub.net/p/geomoose/settings

Kind Regards,

Bas