[Lizmap] are German contributions to this mailing list desired?

Etienne Trimaille etrimaille at 3liz.com
Tue Nov 17 01:18:04 PST 2020

Hi,

I don't think there are any "official" rules.

But I would prefer if mails are "mostly" in English. Even if allowing mails
in another language will help the development of the community in that
country, I'm also afraid it will be less interesting for other languages.
It's just my opinion.

I'm sometimes adding the French version under my mail when I make an
announcement in English.

Maybe you can ask your OSGEO DE chapter to if you can open a lizmap-de
mailing list
It's what OSM or QGIS is doing for instance.

Regards

Le mer. 11 nov. 2020 à 08:59, G. Wagner, Wagner-IT <info at wagner-it.de> a
écrit :

> Hi all,
>

> we are a group of enthusiastic Lizmap users in German-speaking countries
> and
> are looking for a way to communicate better. To be able to exchange
> questions / problems / experiences about Lizmap and especially to help new,
> interested users.
>
> Important questions, suggestions, etc. could then also be forwarded in
> English to the mailing list or Github.
>

> This is preferably done via a mailing list. Hence the question to this
> list:
>
> Would it be ok if there were also German contributions or is that not what
> you want?
>

> There are purely English mailing lists, but there are also some with a
> mixed
> language, such as the one from the Mapbender.
>

> It would be nice if an active German-speaking user group could establish
> itself, which helps to make this web client better known and supports the
> project. We are also planning a user meeting at the FOSSGIS conference in
> Rapperswil in 2021.
>

> regards
>

> Günter Wagner
>

> WAGNER-IT
>
> Ingenieurbüro für Geoinformatik
> Carl-Orff-Weg 7
> 79312 Emmendingen
> Tel.:  07641/9621668
> Fax:  07641/915599
>  <http://www.wagner-it.de/> www.wagner-it.de
>

> PS: Sorry for the English but unfortunately it is only possible with Google
> Translate

Etienne Trimaille
Ingénieur géomaticien
www.3liz.com