[Lizmap] is caching working?

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at naturalgis.pt
Tue Apr 16 01:56:15 PDT 2024

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 10:35 AM Arnaud Vandecasteele <arnaud.sig at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sale for me. Only the folder structure not the tiles.
>
> And all the tiles level are not generated using the seed comand line. I
> only get some error.

I have added some more comments/observations:

https://click.pstmrk.it/3ts/github.com%2F3liz%2Flizmap-web-client%2Fissues%2F3696%23issuecomment-2056280598/InJh/WbG0AQ/AQ/46e40a60-a0a8-4fed-8c52-47f5ca19a7f4/1/LJBtfn7JZl#issuecomment-2056280598

In short:

On the same machine where I have a LMWC 3.6.11 installation where caching
does not work at all, I found that I had a 3.6.4 installation where caching
"works" (see below).

This seems to indicate some problem in the latest versions of LMWC 3.6 but
no, as I tested successfully caching with 3.6.11 on a different machine.

Even when working it is quite common to find projects/layers where the
pre-seeding scripts does not akwnlodges that there are layers with server
caching enabled, so cache is not even generated when simply navigating the
map (requests are by tiles, but no files are generated/stored on the
server),

Pre-seeding script always returns an error when requesting tiles for level
0 (which is shown as part of the WMTS capabilities), not sure this is
important.

Caching/seeding of XYZ layers as the ones added with the QMS plugin is not
possible as such layers never show in WMTS capabilities.

cheers

-- G --