[Lizmap] Baselayers and printing clarification in 3.7.6

Vincent Dinh hxvdinh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 21:53:55 PDT 2024

Hi,

Moving from lizmap 3.6.x to 3.7.x I am not sure I understand the usage of
the baselayers group in 3.7.

*In Lizmap 3.6*
I would tick Google and Bing basemaps, as per the image below, then have an
xml file (example attached) in a "hidden" group so that printing the
basemap would work.

[image: image.png]

*In Lizmap 3.7*
I created a baselayers group by clicking on the "baselayers" button then
include googlemaps hybrid xml.
When printing it works fine and I don't need to use the hidden group
anymore.

However when using the Quickmap service and bringing say Bing Satellite
under the baselayers group it doesn't show up.

My questions are:

   1. Is the hidden group still relevant as of 3.7.6 ? If so, what for?
   2. How to include other basemap services with Quick map services to use
   a basemap?

Regards,