[Lizmap] Lizmap 3.7.4 QGIS Pluging 4.4.3 Speed

G. Wagner, Wagner-IT info at wagner-it.de
Fri Feb 23 02:02:05 PST 2024

Hi Peter,

I also work with the new versions in test environments.

# All work quite well with the exception that it took many seconds to
create on QGIS with Lizmap the *.cfg file.
I don't have any speed problems with the cfg. file.
Could it be due to checking the versions from the server (or the defined
server connections) in the plugin?
I often get error messages here in QGIS. Unfortunately not at the moment,
I'll add it later. I also find the handling with the settings for the
current server not optimal. I often have to select the current server again.
The plugin probably doesn't remember this via the cfg file. As I have a lot
of server connections with different versions, this is often a bit annoying.
Furthermore, every check is probably logged in the log files. I will write
something about this on Github for the plugin.

But unfortunately I can confirm the speed problems in the WebClient. For
this reason and because of the display of the legends, I will not be using
3.7.3 productively yet [1].
What is particularly annoying about the speed problem is that the display
for loading the individual layers (rotating circle) has been ready for a
long time, but the map image has not yet been fully built up. Under [1]
there is an example project once in 3.6.10 and once in 3.7.3

Regards

Günter

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/lizmap/2024-February/000747.html

WAGNER-IT