[OSGeo-Discuss] Request for Information (RFI) Geospatial Line of Business

Ned Horning nedh at lightlink.com
Wed Apr 12 11:22:22 EDT 2006

Mark,

This is a good find. I quickly went through the RFI (request for
information) questionnaire and I think OSGeo is in a great position to
promote the advantages of open source in a response. There is a good amount
of work to prepare a response but answering the questionnaire might promote
some discussion that would benefit the foundation in the long run. I think
this is a great opportunity for the Foundation but it would be good to hear
what others think.

I noticed that there is Practitioners Day for the Geospatial LoB (line of
business) will be on April 18, 2006 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT in
Washington, DC. Are there any DC people who could attend this? Registration
has to happen by the 14th (Friday). Responses for the RFI must be in by May
5th.

Ned