[webmap-discuss] OGC and google style tiling

Steven M. Ottens steven.ottens at geodan.nl
Wed Apr 12 04:33:00 EDT 2006

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the mailinglist tip.
It might be possible to rasterize our vector data, but we've got quite
some datasets and there will be more of them. It also makes us less
flexible. Obviously we've to make a trade-off on flexibility and speed.
We hope that with cached tiles we can have both the flexibility and
speed. If we rasterise it would make sense to rasterise into fixed tiles
I guess.

Steven