Meeting to discuss Open Source proposals for OWS4 - in 12 hours

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 03:38:33 EDT 2006

This is a reminder for the meeting below.

This meeting is likely to be busy, so I suggest that before the meeting
people identify what OWS4 components they are interested in, then
suggest items for the agenda.

I'll start:
Components:
We (ADI and Mapbuilder team) would like to extend Mapbuilder to address:
* Sensor Web Viewer and Controller
* Temporial Queries of a WFS/WMS
* Use SOAP Bindings for WFS-T (Required for user authentication)
* GML 3.2 Viewer
* GeoDRM client

Agenda items:
* Is anyone (UDig?) addressing OWS Context.  (OWS Context is not
specified explicity, but the use cases suggest it is needed).

* Is anyone addressing SOAP Bindings.  Geoserver?  Mapserver? DACS?

* Is anyone addressing a WCS or Coverage Portrayal Service (WCPS)?

* I understand that Roderick from DACS is looking into GeoDRM and I'd
like to work out how Mapbuilder can link in with this. (Might require
another thread).

* There has been talk about tiling. Is anyone planning to address this
within the OWS4 framework?

* Please add your suggestions for the agenda:

--
Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net