[Context.RWG] Using OWS Context to describe GML/WFS layers whichdecimate

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 19:17:11 EST 2006

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> So you want one OWSContext FeatureType to hold many GML documents?
>
> If yes, can you not define each GML doc as an OWSContext FeatureType,
> each with respective scale rules?

Tom,
Using Style scale rules to make a layer visible or not would be one
solution - but with a number of limitations:
1. If I were to build a LayerList (or Legend) from the Context, would I
end up with a layer for each scale?

2. If my legend was smart, and layers were only visible at certain
resolutions, how do I associate a HighResolutionLayer with a
LowResolutionLayer so that the Layer attributes (like visibility) can be
associated between layers.

--
Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net