[Mapbender-dev] PHP 5 needed for next Mapbender

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed Jun 7 11:27:55 EDT 2006

Thomas Baschetti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> subject says all, is PHP 5 needed for the upcoming Mapbender?
> If i remember correctly this was mentioned at Fossgis in March.
> (You see, i still have not tried the svn-version...)
>
> Oh yes, and another question: Does anbody know wether it is possible
> to use php4 and php5 at the same time with one apache1 instance?
>

> Ciao
> Thomas Baschetti

Hi,
as said at the FOSSGIS we unanimously (you included :-) decided to
further only support PHP 5.

PHP 5.1.x is required when using prepared statements which is the
largest security update in Mapbender version 2.4. So you will not be
able to work around with older PHP versions when you want to take
advantage of prep-statements.

I have no information regarding the use of PHP 4 and 5 on the same box /
webserver. (((.. but only thinking about it makes my head ache)))

Regards, Arnulf.