[Mapbender-devel] About Mapbender

Ulrich Rothstein uli.rothstein at ccgis.de
Mon Mar 13 16:08:22 EST 2006

Dear Alex,
sorry, I was not in the office for two weeks, so I could not answer your
questions.
Unfortunately we have no uml-model (or something like this) for the
mapbender classes. But most of the classes have no dependencies, except
class_gmlMember depends on class_geomColl. Other classes are working
'standalone' and handle the basic server-side jobs to put the xml-data
from getCapabilities-documents into the database, read the data from the
database and create the javascript-objects for example.
The api-functions are javascripts. The basic funtions to navigate maps and
manipulate the services and their layers you will find in the file
../mapbender/http/javascripts/map.php. The structure of the wms- and
layer-object you will find in the file:
../mapbender/http/javascripts/map_obj.js.
The documentation is one of the next things which have to be done. But our
capacity is limited, so it would be great if someone could start with this
job...;-)
If you have to solve some specific problems, please let me know, I try to
help you.
Best regards
Uli