[Mapbender-users] Drape WFS geometries on top of map

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Mar 28 03:32:27 EST 2006

Klingseisen Bernhard wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have a simple question concerning displaying the geometries from a gazetteer request. I have set up a WFS with zip codes and can query it in mapbender, but the boundary of the selected polygon is not draped on top of all layers in the main map frame. I'm using almost the original settings of the standard "gui" in mapbender223. Can somebody give me a hint?
>
> Cheers
> Bernie

Hi,
you need to load the module "wz_jsgraphics.js" at least once into this
GUI so that it can be called by the gazetteer function. This can be done
by adding a referenece to the gazetteer
SRC: ../php/mod_wfs_gazetteer.php...)
by entering the path as a property to "Module:"
../extensions/wz_jsgraphics.js

Additionally you have to check "WZ-Graphics:" when configuring the WFS
gazetteer:
http://localhost/mapbender_dev/php/mod_wfs_conf.php?

The alternative is to render a transparent PNG with a marker (server
side rendering). To do that you have to be able to write to a temporary
directory and Mapbender / PHP must be enabled and allowed to write
images (the same what you need to create  PDF for server side generated
printouts).

I added this to the Wiki:
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/WFS_gazetteer#Highlighting

Please check whether it is intelligible and enhance if necessary (and
then translate). If you want to do this you need a Wiki account, request
for it here.

Best, Arnulf.