[Mapbender-dev] Telepathic or pathetic?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 26 12:50:09 EDT 2006

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Hello All,
 > as I plan to propose some changes in the steering
> committee. There are currently seven PSC members preventing us from
> doing anything. Every meeting until this day failed. I'd like to propose
> to reduce this group to maybe 3 or at maximum 5 people so that they can
> actually meet on IRC on a regular basis to get things done.

Arnulf,

As a suggestion from an outsider, I'd encourage you to relax quorum
requirements for IRC meetings. In fact, looking through the Mapbender
wiki, I didn't see anything about irc meetings or a quorum requirement
for them.

I would suggest that changes big enough to require a change request
should always at least be available for comment and voting on the
mailing list.  But for more tactical decisions, why not require a high
quorum?

It has been my experience that it is hard to get a lot of people together
for regular IRC meetings.  But restricting the PSC to a small number also
seems counter productive from an "encouraging involvement" point of view.

Best regards,