new treefolder

Melchior Moos Nimix at gmx.net
Wed Oct 25 04:53:03 EDT 2006

Hi,
the last time I spend some time in searching a replacement library for the old treefolder structure. The main reason to replace the old one is that it does not work in browsers like Opera or KHTML based browsers.
So I looked at about 10 different trees. The conditions for the new tree are that it is open-source (GPL) and that it works in the most common browsers. In my opinion the best tree I found is jsTree (http://www.phpxplorer.org/jsTree/). It is under GPL and works in Opera, KHTML and Gecko based browsers and MSIE, without having browser-switches in the code. In addition it is fexilble (it can be changed without realoading) and easy to use. The only disadvantage I can see is that it is not listed at a portal like sourceforge.
regards,
Melchior Moos