[Mapbender-dev] WANTED: person to set up a "Trac" instance for Mapbender at OSGeo with frank Warmerdam

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 22 11:04:24 EST 2007

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> thanks for setting up trac; I would like to volunteer for the job you
> described.

Christoph,

Excellent.  I have created a ticket for the work:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/50

If there are any objections to this work proceeding the Mapbender
PSC should get involved!

I will update the trac ticket as work on setting up the new trac
proceeds.  The "virtual host reorganization" is now complete for
Trac, so there is no reason to wait.

>  >  o Picking a set of categories (ie. core, wfssupport, etc)
>
> administration
> core
> database
> digitizing
> installation
> print
> user interface
>
>  >  o Picking default "assignee's" for the categories.
>
> I guess the SVN account names of all committers should suffice. Do you
> have access to a list of these names?

You will need the svn account names for those people selected to be
responsible for each component.  There can only be one assignee for
each component - the person first expected to take responsibility for
bugs in that category, though they can of course reassign it.  If you
don't know who it should be assigned to then I'd suggest making the
default assignee either the PSC chair or the "trac master".

Perhaps "trac master" is a candidate as a Mapbender "role"?

Best regards,