AW: [Mapbender-dev] oracle database support

Samson, Marko Marko.Samson at wald-und-holz.nrw.de
Tue Jan 9 03:24:43 EST 2007

Hi Devs,

The idea of including or supporting some more dbs is quiet a good idea. And Oracle is still one of the VI(P)DB.
I also thought about implementing Oracle cause we use it as main db for most of our software, but discarded it because of absence of time and priority.
But I still have included a search function (stone me to death cause of not using the WFS gazetteer for this;-) ) on our data, which uses the oci_functions and the oracle db.
I will provide support, as much as I can, too.

But if it will be integrated into the core of mb, there should be enough backup to hold the "database-oracle.php" and the addicted stuff up to date.

Which were the time-killing probs, while you implemented for example postgres?@Arnulf

btw.: Which tool do you use to form the db-structure? Is it en eclipse-plugin? (think the wiki-db-structure is not up to date in reference to the svn db update scripts)

@Arnulf: Is there a new idea for all the poor firewalled and port-blocked people, to use the IRC or something like this?

Gruß,
Marko

Marko Samson