[Mapbender-dev] Mailing List Troubles

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Sat Jan 20 09:15:03 EST 2007

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Hello All,
> as list administrator I currently receive loads of messages that I have
> to approve manually. This is not only time consuming but it may even
> happen that I lose some mails because additionally to changing the OSGeo
> mailing list addresses my own has changed. Lots of confusion on my part,
> please bear with me.
>
> So please - if you post a message to the list and it does *not* appear
> there within short notice please let me know personally to this address.
> I will then look into the problem and help resolve it.
>
> Best regards, Arnulf.

Hey,
Frank Warmerdam suggested to ask someone to help administer the mailing lists which I think is an excellent idea (thanks again). Currently Uli and me are listed as admins and it seems like we are both not the best candidates to do it properly :-/. I will keep on doing the job but it would help to have somebody joins us.

If anybody is interested in helping out please let us know!

What does it mean?
Mailing List administration mostly means that you are notified by Mailman (the list software) about posts that are held back because the sender is not a subscribed user. You can then decide whether to allow this post or whether to discard it.

Admittedly it is not exactly the most thrilling job but to compensate this your FOSS-karma points will soar right up by just taking on the job.

Best regards,
Arnulf.