[Mapbender-dev] Zebra list and cascading GUIs

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Jan 30 09:08:30 EST 2007

Hi,
we have thinking about how to organize the "zebra" (the initial list of guis displayed after login) for quite some time but never discussed this on the list.

I suggest that it would be helpful to enable MB-GUIs to spawn other MB GUIs. Then we could define a start GUI and skip the zebra. This start GUI could include a WFS search dialog for services that points at our own ISO meta data (available as of 2.4.1). This start interface would bring us a lot nearer to the portal idea and make things like http://www.geoportal.rlp.de much easier to implement.

It would also reduce (though not close) the gap between WebGIS applications and CMS sites.

If we get a few more responses on this I would like to add that to our Roadmap for this year (its ridiculous that we are a *map*ping software without a road*map*. Sorry for trying to be funny).

Regards, Arnulf