[Mapbender-dev] PHP code comments (was: PHPDoc in the wiki)

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Mon May 7 03:55:23 EDT 2007

At the Mapbender Development sprint we agreed that we should start
commenting Mapbender code more thoroughly. Marc Jansen spearheaded this
initiative, volunteering to start commenting some PHP classes. Thanks
for your enthusiasm, Marc.

I recommend you start with the following PHP classes as I consider them
not to need a redesign in the near future:

classes/class_connector.php
classes/class_mb_exception.php
classes/class_administration.php

I recommend commenting the functions and their interfaces primarily.

As for JavaScript, I have already commented a file some time ago

javascripts/geometry.js

I believe PHP Doc and JS Doc are similar; maybe we can concentrate on
the similarities between the two, so we can use one style for both JS
and PHP. I would be happy if we could manage to coordinate our
commenting approach and achieve a single style.

Marc, please keep us updated; I would also be interested how turning
these comments into a valid HTML documentation works, as I have not
tried this with JS Doc.

Cheers

--
Baudson Christoph