[Mapbender-dev] PHP code comments (was: PHPDoc in the wiki)

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed May 9 08:20:11 EDT 2007

Hi,

I just realized that PHPDoc can only document one class per file. I
don't know how often this is the case for the php classes, e.g.
class_wms has one additional class (layer). I found this while trying
PHPDoc at the sld editor classes.

PHPDoc throws an ugly error if it comes to multiple classes in one
file and functions, variables, etc. of the additional classes are
merged under the first class.

Should we therefore seperate each class in an individual file?

Cheers, Michael

2007/5/7, Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) <christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com>:
> At the Mapbender Development sprint we agreed that we should start
> commenting Mapbender code more thoroughly. Marc Jansen spearheaded this
> initiative, volunteering to start commenting some PHP classes. Thanks
> for your enthusiasm, Marc.
>
> I recommend you start with the following PHP classes as I consider them
> not to need a redesign in the near future:
>
> classes/class_connector.php
> classes/class_mb_exception.php
> classes/class_administration.php
>
> I recommend commenting the functions and their interfaces primarily.
>
> As for JavaScript, I have already commented a file some time ago
>
> javascripts/geometry.js
>
> I believe PHP Doc and JS Doc are similar; maybe we can concentrate on
> the similarities between the two, so we can use one style for both JS
> and PHP. I would be happy if we could manage to coordinate our
> commenting approach and achieve a single style.
>
> Marc, please keep us updated; I would also be interested how turning
> these comments into a valid HTML documentation works, as I have not
> tried this with JS Doc.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Baudson Christoph