[Mapbender-dev] next Mapbender release - release plan

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Wed May 16 03:02:10 EDT 2007

Hello devs,

as the current release owner I am responsible for several issues. Have a
look at:

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Release_owner

With this mail want to make suggestions for the next Mapbender Version.
If there are arguments against any of my suggestions let us know
(mapbender_dev at lists.osgeo.org).

*  next version number 2.4.2 (as there are no dramatic changes - neither
in the database nor in functionality.

*  feature freeze: 1. 6. 2007, publishing the mapbender 2.4.2 rc1 for
testing (as it is my duty, I will recruit some people for testing)

*  release 15. 6. 2007

*  documentation in Version History:
In the Version History I made a link for the next release (If we want to
change the version number, I still can change it here).
Devs - please complete the documentation of the changes since version
2.4.1 here!!!!
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Version_History#Mapbender_2.4.2_-_coming_in_June_2007

* Christoph: please update the Installation pages, as error log is a new
feature in mapbender.conf
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Installation_en
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Installation_de

If we keep on bringing out a release every three month, the next dates
would be:
* feature freeze 1. 6. 2007 - release 15. 6. 2007
* feature freeze 1. 9. 2007 - release 15. 9. 2007
* feature freeze 1. 12. 2007 - release 15. 12. 2007
* feature freeze 1. 3. 2008 - release 15. 3. 2008

What do you think about this release plans? If there are no other
suggestions I will go on with this plan and docuent it in the wiki.

For the next version it would be good to find another release owner.

greetings astrid