[Mapbender-dev] next Mapbender release 2.4.2 - release plan

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon May 21 04:12:24 EDT 2007

hi devs,

as no other suggestions where made, we will go for the next version
mapbender 2.4.2 at 15th of june 2007. A release candidate Mapbender
2.4.2. rc1 is planned for 2007-06-01.

I prepared the wiki pages already. Have a look at:

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Next_Version

and

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Template:Changelog_2.4.2

Now we should discuss, which features we want to integrate in this
version. Please add your changes to this page
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Template:Changelog_2.4.2. Keep in
mind that the feature freeze will be at 2007-06-01

For more information about the release process, have a look at
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Release_guide

Looking into the future
Maybe the Version after Mapbender 2.4.2 can make a bigger step. After
the next release we should discuss which features we want to integrate
in the following version. We founded workgroups for special topics
(http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Category:Workgroup). It would be
nice if there would be a solution for the versn after Mapbender 2.4.2

If you have any suggestions, let us know.

Greetings Astrid

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) schrieb:
> Hello devs,
>
> as the current release owner I am responsible for several issues. Have
> a look at:
>
> http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Release_owner
>
> With this mail want to make suggestions for the next Mapbender
> Version. If there are arguments against any of my suggestions let us
> know (mapbender_dev at lists.osgeo.org).
>
> *  next version number 2.4.2 (as there are no dramatic changes -
> neither in the database nor in functionality.
>
> *  feature freeze: 1. 6. 2007, publishing the mapbender 2.4.2 rc1 for
> testing (as it is my duty, I will recruit some people for testing)
>
> *  release 15. 6. 2007
>
> *  documentation in Version History:
> In the Version History I made a link for the next release (If we want
> to change the version number, I still can change it here).
> Devs - please complete the documentation of the changes since version
> 2.4.1 here!!!!
> http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Version_History#Mapbender_2.4.2_-_coming_in_June_2007
>

> * Christoph: please update the Installation pages, as error log is a
> new feature in mapbender.conf
> http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Installation_en
> http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Installation_de
>
> If we keep on bringing out a release every three month, the next dates
> would be:
> * feature freeze 1. 6. 2007 - release 15. 6. 2007
> * feature freeze 1. 9. 2007 - release 15. 9. 2007
> * feature freeze 1. 12. 2007 - release 15. 12. 2007
> * feature freeze 1. 3. 2008 - release 15. 3. 2008
>
> What do you think about this release plans? If there are no other
> suggestions I will go on with this plan and docuent it in the wiki.
>
> For the next version it would be good to find another release owner.
>
> greetings astrid

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde

 Astrid Emde