[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender-Setup Routine

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed Nov 7 05:48:47 EST 2007

Samson, Marko schrieb:
> Hi Devs,
>
> I'd like to start and push the developing of a mapbender-setup routine.
> I just added some more Ideas to the wiki (http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Setup-Routine)
>
> Please discuss and add you brainstormy ideas to the mailinglist or the wiki to push the process.

Thanks for your initiative Marko.

I think dividing into mandatory and optional settings makes sense, to
allow a simple setup for users who need the most basic features only.

We should also talk about the update functionality, like in mediawiki.
Updating to the latest version and applying patches should be easy, at
the moment it is quite error prone.

Thanks for your work, let me know when you need help