[Mapbender-dev] summary: Mapbender IRC Meeting Oct 29, 2007

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed Oct 31 04:01:30 EDT 2007

This is a short summary of Monday's IRC meeting, see


log file: http://logs.qgis.org/mapbender/%23mapbender.2007-10-29.log

Please join our next meeting on Monday, Nov 5, 1700 UTC+1


* How to handle patches...add them to the tag / download package?

We decided to update the zip file (apply all patches) and re-distribute 
it with a suffix like "patch 1", whenever a relevant bug fix occurs

* demo access to mapbender at telascience.org

Astrid has set up a demo user for mapbender.telascience.org, login: 
demo, password: demo; If there is anymore relevant information, Astrid 
will inform the mailing lists

* Performance of telascience server

As the server is rather slow, Astrid volunteered to find out how the 
performance can be improved. She will report next week.

* register at Ohloh and stack Mapbender

We agreed that we should be more aware about our Ohloh site and 
maintaining it. For a start, all developers should add themselves as 
contributors and stack Mapbender, see 

* Mapbender 2.5 overview

We agreed upon the necessity to prepare Mapbender 2.5. All developers 
need to
- list their enhancements (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/report/32). 
Enhancements not listed here will not be part of Mapbender 2.5!
- take a look at the bug list and assign bugs to themselves 
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/report/19). And hopefully fix some bugs.

* Development sprint at FOSSGIS 2008

There is huge interest in another dev sprint at FOSSGIS 2008. The date 
needs to be discussed. Michael will add a Wiki site for this topic. A 
decision is expected within a few weeks.

Die Lösungskonferenz der WhereGroup
am 29. November 2007 in Bonn

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Siemensstraße 8
53121 Bonn

Christoph Baudson

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 17
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11
olaf.knopp at wheregroup.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Arnulf Christl, Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

More information about the Mapbender_dev mailing list