[Mapbender-dev] Version-number at mapbender.conf

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Sep 11 11:09:19 EDT 2007

Hi Marko,

your initiative is very much appreciated. I have a few suggestions

1) Maybe we should add an enhancement ticket in Trac

2) I'm not sure if you're aware that Bjoern Heuser/Christoph Strotmann
were interested in updating the setup as well. Maybe there can be synergy.
Bjoern/Christoph: If you are reading this, please let us know if you are
still interested, and please do share your thoughts.

3) Your suggestion sounds very comfortable. However, a db web user might
not have the rights to alter the tables. We would have to discuss if that
is a problem.

4) What might be a problem in Mapbender is this: You can call index.php
without checking your setup previously. I believe that it would make sense
to avoid calling index.php until the setup is ok. I have seen that in
Sahana (www.sahana.lk) if you want to take a look.

Thanks very much for working on Mapbender,

Christoph