[Mapbender-dev] Version-number at mapbender.conf

Samson, Marko Marko.Samson at wald-und-holz.nrw.de
Wed Sep 12 04:15:43 EDT 2007

Hi Christoph,

ok, I will do that

> 2) I'm not sure if you're aware that Bjoern Heuser/Christoph
> Strotmann were interested in updating the setup as well.
> Maybe there can be synergy.
> Bjoern/Christoph: If you are reading this, please let us know
> if you are still interested, and please do share your thoughts.

that would be nice!

> 3) Your suggestion sounds very comfortable. However, a db web
> user might not have the rights to alter the tables. We would
> have to discuss if that is a problem.

other projects, like joomal or sahana, have the same procedure, to install the db as web user.

> 4) What might be a problem in Mapbender is this: You can call
> index.php without checking your setup previously. I believe
> that it would make sense to avoid calling index.php until the
> setup is ok. I have seen that in Sahana (www.sahana.lk) if
> you want to take a look.

had a little test yesterday evening and created a new disaster! ;-)
think it is nice, but secondary. first we should create a complete installation routine before we can implement the 'setup_ok_check'.
we have to discuss, what category of errors while the 'setup_ok_check' prevent of calling the index.php and which errors are negligible....