[Mapbender-dev] Replace popup Windows

Melchior Moos nimix at gmx.net
Tue Sep 18 06:00:41 EDT 2007

Mi Marc,
thanks for your thoughts!

> you added 2 jQuery plugins to the  wiki page, and I'd  suggest another
> candidate: jQuery UI (http://ui.jquery.com/, released yesterday by
> jQuery main developer John Resig and some other super talented
> Javascript/Jquery-Gurus). This plugin has been awaited for months by
> the community and it is actively developed.
>
> I would strongly favor to go with this code... and with jQuery 1.2.1
> as well.
>
> Demos:
> http://dev.jquery.com/view/trunk/plugins/ui/demos/ui.dialog.html
> http://dev.jquery.com/view/trunk/plugins/ui/demos/ui.resizable.html

I will have a deeper look at it and add it to the wiki page.You propose
to add jQuery to the mainframe? I'm +1 with that!

> As for the problems with the json.js-script: Jquery 1.2.1. is working
> within a proper Javascript-namespace. Maybe that solves the described
> bug? I'm not sure... but this is another example that one should think
> twice when fuddling with prototypes of base types
> (http://web-graphics.com/2006/05/23/on-modifying-prototypes-of-javascript-built-ins/).
>

> If I remember correctly, there is a plugin for Jquery that does JSON
> conversion. I couldn't locate it right now, but will keep on searching
There is a json plugin for jquery available here, maybe that is what you
where talking about:
http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@jquery.com/msg06247.html
the reason why I don't  use this is that I don't know if it does exactly
the same as the original json.js. Only changing the prototype into
global function should not change functionality.

regards,

Melchior