[Mapbender-dev] PHP class model

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Thu Apr 10 06:02:34 EDT 2008

Currently, Mapbender uses a the PHP class "administration" for almost
all interaction with the data model. As the file is almost unbearably
large (and really not intuitive to use), we have agreed upon
strengthening other classes by moving the functions of "administration"
to more appropriate classes.

Examples follow. But first: I have generated a new class "User". I
wonder why we didn't have any before, as the entity user is quite
essential to Mapbender.

1) I moved "getGuisByPermission" to class "User" and named it
"getApplicationsByPermission". Class administration is still used as a
wrapper, but the function is marked as deprecated.

2) I moved "getWfsConfByPermission" to class "User". Class
administration is still used as a wrapper, but the function is marked as
deprecated.

This will be included in 2.5 for the following reasons
- it's refactoring and won't break existing code
- it's a model for our GSoC students working on the administrative
interface in Summer

Please ask if I forgot something important.

--

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler