[Mapbender-dev] I18n (Internationalization)

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Thu Apr 10 09:53:15 EDT 2008

I have just made some final adjustments to the i18n in Mapbender 2.5.
Please let me know if you don't agree with me on this topic.

1) you can now choose to turn i18n off and use Mapbender 2.5 without
having to install gettext.

2) you can set a default language (if i18n is turned on)

I propose to turn i18n off by default in order to allow a soft upgrade,
meaning that you have to turn it on explicitly. If it is turned off,
only english is available.

To achieve this, I had to replace the calls to the gettext function _()
by a Mapbender wrapper, called _mb(). This function checks if I18N is
available. If not, it simply returns the input value, much like our
database function "gettext".

--

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson