[Mapbender-dev] soc report : Mapbender Update Routine

Siddharth Prakash Singh spsneo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 17:02:23 EDT 2008

Weekly Report for week ending on August 9, 2008

This week I completed the "filesystem update" script. And also integrated
this script with earlier written "database update" script. This way, I have
almost completed the Automated Update Script.
The entire code can be viewed at :
https://svn.osgeo.org/mapbender/branches/spsneo_dev/

Briefly, how this script works:
First it asks the user the path of the current mapbender (mb) installation.
Then the script checks for the required php version and database version
installed on the user's machine. Then the script verifies the sha1 checksum
of all files in all directories (except conf, license, log, resources) with
the sha1 checksum for the corresponding file stored in the checksum.json
file. If there is any error in any file it reports to the user and the
script aborts. In case everything goes fine, the script automatically
creates a backup of the curent installation and copies new files in the
installation directory. It preserves the old mapbender.conf file. So the
user doesnt have to write conf again. And then database update starts, as
mentioned in earlier mails.

Next week: I will work on documentation, a wiki page on mapbender.org and a
tutorial.

No Blocks.

Waiting for Comments

--