[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender 2.5 RC1

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Fri Jan 4 05:51:29 EST 2008

Arnulf Christl schrieb:
> Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) wrote:
>> Happy new year everyone,
>>
>> the plan is to release Mapbender 2.5 RC1 within the next two weeks.
>> There is still a lot of stuff to do, and your help is needed in order
>> to get everything right. Let's discuss all issues on list, so nothing
>> will be forgotten.
>>
>> Issues that randomly pop in my mind
>>
>> 1) the ajax module needs to be removed from all GUIs. jQuery is now
>> included in map.php.
>> 2) the SLD branch needs to be merged in the trunk
>> 3) what GUIs will we have in 2.5? For example, I would love to
>> include a GUI with basic KML input/output.
>> 4) work on the tickets labeled as "Milestone 2.5 release"
>> 5) Where to put the version number of Mapbender? It should be coded
>> somewhere. Map.js?
>>
>> If you have any additions, please share your thoughts
>>
>> Christoph

Thanks for your input.

> Hi,
> I have in the back of my mind that we still experience some
> difficulties with differently encoded capabilities documents.
The only problem I recall is loading a UTF8 encoded document in an
ISO8859-1 database. But I don't see a solution for this one.
I consider this solved, see http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/ticket/7

> On the same topic: We have discussed whether it would be a good idea
> to separate out the SQL dumps for GUI and services. The extreme
> version being a separate SQL for each module. A list of SQL dumps
> could be the basis on which to import GUI.
We should definitely discuss this approach for the next major release.

> I also remember that we still have unresolved issues when updating
> existing Mapbender installations; has to do with WMS ids being unique
> and potentially conflicting with existing ones.
There are much more problems like this. I will start a new thread to
discuss these update anomalies.

> This will probably be too much for the next release but lets not
> forget this.

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler