[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender 2.5 RC1

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Jan 4 04:13:51 EST 2008

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) wrote:
> Happy new year everyone,
>
> the plan is to release Mapbender 2.5 RC1 within the next two weeks.
> There is still a lot of stuff to do, and your help is needed in order to
> get everything right. Let's discuss all issues on list, so nothing will
> be forgotten.
>
> Issues that randomly pop in my mind
>
> 1) the ajax module needs to be removed from all GUIs. jQuery is now
> included in map.php.
> 2) the SLD branch needs to be merged in the trunk
> 3) what GUIs will we have in 2.5? For example, I would love to include a
> GUI with basic KML input/output.
> 4) work on the tickets labeled as "Milestone 2.5 release"
> 5) Where to put the version number of Mapbender? It should be coded
> somewhere. Map.js?
>
> If you have any additions, please share your thoughts
>
> Christoph

Hi,
I have in the back of my mind that we still experience some difficulties with differently encoded capabilities documents. On the same topic: We have discussed whether it would be a good idea to separate out the SQL dumps for GUI and services. The extreme version being a separate SQL for each module. A list of SQL dumps could be the basis on which to import GUI. I also remember that we still have unresolved issues when updating existing Mapbender installations; has to do with WMS ids being unique and potentially conflicting with existing ones.

This will probably be too much for the next release but lets not forget this.

Regards, Arnulf.