[Mapbender-dev] I18n tutorial

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Thu Dec 3 02:12:02 EST 2009

Hello devs, hi christoph,

thanks for the new I18n module and the new I18n tutorial.

Just a question:
What do you think about a new [[Category:Modules with I18n]]? We could add
this category to all modules that provide i18n. It would be a good way to
get an overview on the modules with I18n.

This is the list of the modules that provide i18n:
printPDF
digitize
wfsSpatialRequest
treeGDE2
mod_addWMSfromfilteredList_ajax
wfs_additional_spatial_search
mb_listGUIs
mod_measure.php
mod_wfs_gazetteer_client

Best regards Astrid

On Wed, November 18, 2009 4:23 pm, Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> we have prepared a new i18n mechanism for Mapbender 2.7.
>
> There is a new module i18n, which collects content from other modules,
> and only performs a single AJAX request to retrieve the translations from
> the server side. In Mapbender 2.6, each module handled i18n individually.
>
> Note: This module only handles gettext translations! There is no
> solution for database solutions. However, database translations are somehow
> deprecated. I guess we will aim to be gettext-only asap.
>
> Adding i18n to your module is much easier now. There is also a new
> tutorial [1] which should explain it all. Take a look, and let us know if
> there are errors, or just correct them yourself.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Christoph
>

> [1] http://www.mapbender.org/Internationisation_tutorial
>

> --
> ----------------------------------
>

> Aufwind durch Wissen!
>

> Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen
> bei der www.foss-academy.eu
>
> ----------------------------------
>

> _______________________________________
>

> W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG
>

> Siemensstraße 8
> 53121 Bonn
> Germany
>

> Christoph Baudson
> Anwendungsentwickler
>

> Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 15
> Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11
> christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com www.wheregroup.com Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA
> 6788
> _______________________________________
>

> Komplementärin:
> WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
> vertreten durch: Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!