[Mapbender-dev] Re: Catalog Schema and Storing Op values

Mifan Careem mifan at opensource.lk
Mon Jul 13 02:03:04 EDT 2009

Hi Armin, List,

On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 09:31 +0200, Armin Retterath wrote:
> the schema i described in part 7 was only a hint ;-). i know that there is a
> problem when there are the two bindings http and soap. there are many urls to
> handle with. maybe we can split the soap binding from the http and create a
> new table 'cat_op_soap' for it? maybe the schema would be something  like :
> fkey_cat_id, cat_op_getcapabilities, ...

I did make some changes to the Schema you had suggested. I've already
added another table to handle the multiple values (get,post,soap), which
looks quite similar to what you suggest below - I mentioned this in my
last email, but then proceeded with handling the GET case only for the
time being. I will try to use this extra table (cat_op_conf:
(fkey_cat_id,param_name,param_value)) to store the multiple URLs.

> an other possibility is to store the whole xml part:

I agree with you on storing in a relational schema instead of storing
the whole component of the XML - since the URL would be retrieved often,
I guess having to parse the XML each time would be inefficient. Thus,
I'll try out the relational model as above.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Regards

Mifan