[Mapbender-dev] concurrent editing

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Fri Mar 6 08:41:08 EST 2009

Balázs Bámer schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> I've tried concurrent editing via WFS-T one polygon layer. Scenario
> (timing via phone):
> A selects a feature
> B selects the same feature
> A clicks a node and drags it
> B clicks another node and drags it
> A saves, response dialog box says success
> B saves, response dialog box says success
> result after resfresh is only B's edit. This means, that MapBender
> holds the whole geometry info during editing, and commits it. However,
> B's modification overwrites A's.
>
> Is there a mechanism to avoid this problem?
>
> I've read about WFS operations Lock and GetFeatureWithLock. Are they
> used, to solve this question, or if not, is there a plan to use them?

Hi Balázs,

thanks for your report and testing this behaviour.

Mapbender doesn't yet implement Lock or GetFeatureWithLock, but it would
make sense, as your example above states. It should at least be a
configurable option.

If you plan to do some work on this field, we should talk about it and
discuss where to add the necessary code.

Thanks

Christoph
> best regards: Balázs Bámer

----------------------------------