[Mapbender-dev] edit layers

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Fri Mar 6 09:26:20 EST 2009

Balázs Bámer schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> Editing works fine in MapBender. My only problem is, I don't have to
> select a layer to edit, but can start editing anything editable, and
> when committing changes, only here have the opportunity to choose the
> layer to save to. Is this intentional to let the feature be copied on
> an other layer? Are there plans to alter this behaviour to be more
> regular?

Hi Balázs,

you can configure the available layers in the layer tree. If a layer is
not visible, it is also not queried. You can preset these settings in
the "edit GUI WMS" administration dialogue.

You can also restrict access to features to certain users or groups. You
would have to change the column "auth" in the WFS conf administration:
The featuretype element that should store the id of the owner would have
to contain $_SESSION["mb_user_id"] for example (this only works with the
latest code from trunk or branches/2.5).

I don't think there are any plans to restrict saving a feature in
another data store. For some cases it is actually quite useful. I guess
the best solution would be to make it configurable in the digitize
configuration file.

Cheers

Christoph

> It is possible that I will have to change this operation. Should I
> create then a new regular module which can be included in MapBender?
>
> Best regards: Balázs Bámer

----------------------------------

 FOSSGIS Konferenz 2009
 17.-19. März 2009 in Hannover