[Mapbender-dev] GSoC: Development and SVN

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Fri May 15 08:28:46 EDT 2009

Hi Mifan,

I suggest you create your own branch, using the current trunk as a
starting point. You should login with your OSGeo account (the one also
used in Trac).

You can then commit as much and often as you want, without having to
worry about breaking things. However, you should keep your branch
updated, and merge any new files from trunk into your development
branch. I prefer "meld" for merging.

Here's what the Mapbender wiki has on this topic

http://www.mapbender.org/Category:Version_control

Feel free to add anything you like.

You can always diff your branch with the trunk at the revision number
you branched off in order to get the code you added to Mapbender. But I
guess, you will create a lot of new files anyway, so Google will be
content with these I guess.

Any questions? Just ask. Have a nice weekend

Christoph

Mifan Careem schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> Since we will be starting development pretty soon for the Google Summer
> of Code 2009 - had a few questions regarding this.
>
> a) How should the collaborative development be done? I assume we have to
> check out the code from the mapbender trunk as a anonymous user using
> SVN and do the changes there - when that is done, do we send in patches
> every day? Or would there be a separate branch to commit code? I guess
> at the end of the summer, there should also be a way to separate the
> work each student does as well to show Google.
>
> Regards
>
> Mifan

*******************************
Kompaktseminar zum Thema: